Article analysis.
The article I produced was regarding the cheat watch and
whether Deyes High are ready for the introduction of the product. I chose this
topic as I thought it was very relevant due to the rapid advancement of technology
in recent years and also due to the recent exam changes that have been
introduced.
The target audience for my article can be any age ranging
from high school pupils to parents of said pupils. The language I use in the
article is very formal, it has statistics and quotes from a teacher and invigilator
who work in Deyes High. The language style in which I produced the article is
very recognisable and structured and doesn’t have any colloquial or
sensationalist language in it. This is good as the article can be taken seriously
as a professional and reliable source of information. This could categorise the
article with newspapers such as The Telegraph and The Guardian as oppose to
magazine articles in Heat or OK!
Another aspect of the article which I wanted to ensure was
done to a good standard was the structure and professionalism of the final
product. I produced the article in a way that there would be specific conventions
of a newspaper article incorporated into my final product. I done this by
ensuring that the article was set out in columns and small paragraphs to make it
easily readable and give it a professional look. The font I chose for the
article was Times new roman as I had look as many newspapers with this font
style in their daily releases. I carefully picked a font size to make sure that
the text would fit on the page perfectly and had no consistencies in font size.
The small paragraphs I split my article into are used because if the article
was one long paragraph the audience could get bored or not even want to read it
in the first because of the initial look of it.
I used primary and secondary research in my article to make it
reliable and opinion based. I collected information from the sites Amazon and
eBay, where I learned most of my knowledge regarding the cheat watch. Both sites
had descriptions, prices and reviews of the product which I found very useful
when helping me write the article. The secondary research helped me back my
arguments and structure it well. I also used primary research when producing
the finished product. I used quotes from interviews with the head of sixth form
and an invigilator which I thought made the content more reliable and interesting.
I plan to distribute my article by printing it and putting
it online. Print-based methods are a useful way of distribution as it can be
seen by anyone as it would get delivered to their homes. The local newspaper “the
Maghull Champion” is weekly posted to all homes in the Maghull area and is read
by thousands of people. This would also be good as the target audience for my
article would be people with any involvement with Deyes High which is a large
proportion of Maghull. I also plan to distribute my article online. I believe
this would be a useful form of distribution as it can be seen any time of the
day, free to read so it will get more readers and as soon as its online its on
there forever. I will use social media accounts to put links of the article on
so more users who may not see the article online can read it through social
media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment