Tuesday, 19 June 2018

P4 - Mr Delaney interview transcript


Mr Delaney interview transcript.

Key:
 J - Interviewer
D - Mr Delaney

J: Do you think cheating/exams is a problem in Deyes?

D: no I don’t think it is a problem, because we’ve got an exam structure where have invigilators that make sure that the management of each exam id done where it would be impossible to cheat, so things like taking mobile phones, hair tied back, clear pencil cases, removing water bottled labels etc.

J: In your opinion do you think cheating in exams has increased or declined?

D: I think, if it was in exams, I don’t think it’s ever been a problem, most probably plagiarism with coursework across the country, I wouldn’t say it was specifically Deyes, but it’s not an issue in terms of exams.

J: So, have you ever had to deal with anyone cheating in exams no?

D: no, never had to deal anyone cheating in exams.

J: What is your opinion on the recent exam rule changes?

D: I think in the light of increased amount of students having smart phones and other devices where you could have wireless earphones, smartphones, there calculators can record things. I think exam regulations have had to keep up with times, keep up with the technology.

J: Are you aware of the cheat that is being sold on sites such as Amazon and eBay?

D: Yeah, I have seen it and I think that’ll be the next step. You know, you can’t get students doing exams in boiler suits can you?! But I am aware of it yeah.

J: And how long have you work at Deyes for?

D: I’ve worked at Deyes for 17 years now.


No comments:

Post a Comment