Tuesday, 19 June 2018

P4 - Invigilator interview transcript


Text Box: Key:
J – Interviewer 
K - Ken Adams the invigilator
Invigilator interview transcript.

J: Are you aware of the cheat watch?

K: Yes, I am aware of the cheat watch?

J: What is it?

K: It’s basically a watch that lets you lift up a little flap and put notes in it or it can be it’s an electronic version that you can put notes on it.

J: Are recent exam rule changes strict or lenient in your opinion?

K: I would say that they are perfect now, students have to have their ears showing and their sleeves rolled up.

J: Have you ever witnessed cheating whilst invigilating?

K: Not personally, but there definitely are cases.

J: Have you got any to share?

K: Well, a friend of mine was invigilating an exam in Southampton and witnessed the cheat watch first hand, the student wasn't very subtle!

J: Do you think the cheat watch has been a big problem in schools recently?

K: I would say that as technology advances, more problems will arise, but no because it’s easy to remove the cheat watch.

J: Do you think cheating in general is a problem?

K: No, I wouldn’t say so, not in this school anyway.

J: What is the most common form of cheating that occurs most, in your opinion?

K: Usually people trying to sneak notes in or write notes on their hands.

J: How long have you been doing this job for?

K: 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment