Sub-editing.
When sub-editing my article, I used publisher as I believed this
was the best software to produce the most efficient end product with. It provided
me with a professional looking, well structed article. It is easy to navigate
and helps me ensure that my article can be edited down to look as presentable
and interesting as possible. Another benefit of publisher is that you can
easily fit the content on the page without looking unprofessional or sloppy.
A key aspect of sub-editing is proof reading. I needed to
triple check the article to fully ensure that I had no grammatical errors. This
is vital as if I were to publish my product with simple errors it could harm my
professionalism reputation. Whilst looking through my article I did find spelling
and punctuation mistakes which were dealt with accordingly.
Originally in my article, I had more quotes regarding the matter
of the cheat watch from Mr Delaney and Ken the invigilator. However, I felt
that I was going around in circles when explaining each point, so I shortened conversations
in the article with both subjects nevertheless, I believe that my finished
product was much more professional and presentable and got to the same point
when I took more of the conversations out. I feel readers can still be
interested in the article after shortening it down as it makes the article more
to the point.
When producing my article, I made sure that my headline was
to the point and catchy. Initially, the headline for my article was “Cheat
watch, the latest trend in exam cheating”. However, I thought this was long-winded
and it didn’t mention Deyes High school. I changed it to “Is Deyes ready for
the cheat watch?” as I feel it gets to the point quicker, it mentions Deyes
high school and the rhetorical question makes the audience instantly more intrigued
when initially seeing the article.
Another aspect of production and editing I had to consider
was I needed to make sure I followed was that I stuck to all the IPSO codes of
practice. An example of this is the harassment, I did not harass any members of
staff when wanting to ask questions regarding my article.
These are all the changes I made to my drafts of the
article. From the first, I thought that I had produced a well-written,
well-structured article with key language features and an interesting story.
No comments:
Post a Comment